[Tlhingan-hol] Not capitalizing proper nouns

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Tue Apr 9 13:07:46 PDT 2013

ja' naHQun:
> Which makes me wonder how to specify that a word in Klingon is someone's name.

So far, we have only seen Klingon names with no meaning, so it was clear
in a sentence like {'entepray' muS tlha'a HoD}.

People at the KLI of course had fun when talking about {muyaj pagh} :-)
(qIDvam yajbej pagh juppu')

Don't forget the convention used in this mailing list, found at the FAQ,
which says:

"Over time, we have generally settled on these practices on the mailing
list, not as a matter of policy, but as a convention.  Posts are not
strictly held to the conventions shown here, but if you use this system
you will be more readily understood."

Asterisks: *mu'qoq*
indicates Klingon spelling of a non-canon word

Single Asterisk: *pong
indicates a Klingon name that's not canon

http://www.cots.net/Holtej/klingon/faq.htm#2.11

Qapla',

--
Lieven L. Litaer