[Tlhingan-hol] Not capitalizing proper nouns

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 02:21:13 PDT 2013

On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 10:15 AM, Michael Roney, Jr. PKT
<nahqun at gmail.com> wrote:
> In English, I'm used to capitalizing proper nouns.
>
> We don't do this in Klingon.
>
> Which makes me wonder how to specify that a word in Klingon is someone's name.
>
> I've recently been informed that German doesn't distinguish between
> nouns and proper nouns with capitalization.
>
> So, how do languages that don't distinguish keep things straight?

jungwoqngan Hol ghItlhlu'DI' pongna'mey bIngDaq tlheghmey lughItlhlu'.

In written Chinese, proper names are marked by an underline (or
sometimes quotation marks). Sometimes this is done only the first time
a name is introduced to a reader.

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underline#Underlines_in_non-Latin_scripts