[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: qIvo'rIt

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Tue Sep 25 07:14:59 PDT 2012

> Klingon Word of the Day for Tuesday, September 25, 2012
>
> Klingon word:   qIvo'rIt
> Part of speech: noun
> Definition:     *K'Vort* class vessel)

qIvo'rIt pagh'e'
K'Vort Class Pagh. S7

qIvo'rIt toQDuj 'oH tlhIngan wo' Duj pagh'e'
The Imperial Klingon Vessel Pagh is a K'Vort-class Bird-of-Prey. S7

qIvo'rIt may'Duj mach
smaller version of a K'vort class cruiser. KBoP

Military notes:

Class of large Klingon Bird of Prey {toQDuj}.  The smaller version BoP is known as the {bI'rel} B'rel class.

"It has the best weapons and some of the finest warriors in the Klingon fleet." (S7)

The IKC Pagh was equipped with phasers and photon torpedoes; its hull plating contained large amounts of tritanium.  (TNG "A Matter of Honor")

Trek notes:

The IKC Vorn and IKC Buruk were K'Vort-class BoPs. (TNG "Reunion").

Kurn's BoP, the IKC Hegh'ta, was a K'Vort-class. (TNG "Redemption I-II")

K'Vada's BoP, the Kruge, was probably a K'vort-class. (TNG "Unification I-II")

Martok's ship, the Rotarran, was probably a K'Vort-class. (DS9 "Sons and Daughters")

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons