[Tlhingan-hol] Somehow I missed this while I was at the Worldcon last year

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 15:18:03 PDT 2012

Lawrence M. Schoen:

ghunchu'wI':
>>> Marc Okrand posted a brief Facebook comment about the video. I'm behind a
>>> firewall right now and can't provide the actual quote, but it was along the
>>> lines of "Good, someone who knows how to use Klingon numbers properly."

De'vID:
>> For the record, it was: "Someone actually knows how to use Klingon numbers!"
>> https://www.facebook.com/marc.okrand/posts/345321122223456

Qov:
> What do people get wrong about Klingon numbers? I don't remember them being difficult for anyone.

Using *{maH} instead of {wa'maH} for "ten" (a mistake made in Klingon
Monopoly on the money).

Using *{wa'vatlh cha'maH wejSaD loSvatlh vaghmaH jav} instead of
{wa'bIp cha'netlh wejSaD...}.

Basically, the same thing as always: thinking in English and doing a
straight conversion to Klingon.