[Tlhingan-hol] Proto-Galactic Alphabet

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 07:39:56 PDT 2012

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 11:14 PM, André Müller <esperantist at gmail.com> wrote:
> Actually, it almost convinced myself... so I reconstructed the
> Proto-Galactic alphabet, of which the Klingon pIqaD letters as well as the
> Hungarian runes derived in ancient times (the runes have to be mirrored,
> though). See for yourself:
>
> http://www.lionking.org/~timwi/n_true/Proto-Galactic.png
>
> It was so much fun to do this! =)
> - André

Now, if only you can reverse engineer proto-Klingon, which unifies
{pIqaD} with the Mandel/Klinzhai script
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klingon_alphabets#Mandel_script).

I also recently discovered a photo I'd taken of a notebook from many
years ago, when I was learning the different Klingon writing systems.
At the time, I wanted to write everything in Klingon.  Of course, I
was missing a lot of words, so I used the Mandel/Klinzhai script to
transliterate technical and other vocabulary which I didn't have.
Otherwise, the Klingon was written in proper sentences using {pIqaD}.

The result is this interesting jumble:
https://plus.google.com/110116202842822234244/posts/VEpFsrWSSLt

I don't think I have the notebook any more, so this photo is the only
evidence I have that at one point, I was able to read and write in
this mixed form of {pIqaD} and Mandel/Klinzhai script.  I can't read
it myself any more, although I'm sure it's probably not that hard to
decipher, given a bit of time.