[Tlhingan-hol] -Ha' on adverbs

ghunchu'wI' 'utlh qunchuy at alcaco.net
Wed Sep 5 09:23:55 PDT 2012

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 4:39 AM, Rohan Fenwick - QeS 'utlh
<qeslagh at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I would have thought wejHa' to mean "no longer, not any more", and while
> discussing it at the aforementioned breakfast ghunchu'wI' noted another
> potential meaning (I don't remember it, unfortunately) that was also
> logical.

Way back when we first had clues that {-Ha'} could be affixed to
adverbials, I proposed {wejHa'} as meaning "still". Someone
immediately answered saying he agreed completely, except that he would
understand it as "already". We quickly decided that it was not a
productive discussion.

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 5:20 AM, De'vID <de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com> wrote:
> If {DaHHa'} doesn't work, how else would you say "not now"?

I've always said {wej} for that meaning.

-- ghunchu'wI'