[Tlhingan-hol] -Ha' on adverbs

Klingonteacher levinius at gmx.de
Wed Sep 5 06:56:16 PDT 2012

Am 05.09.2012 15:38, schrieb David Trimboli:
> I think {-Ha'} on adverbials only really works when the adverbial has a
> meaning with an obvious opposite. {jaS} "differently" has an obvious
> opposite in {jaSHa'} "in the same manner." Words like {tugh} and {DaH}
> don't have obvious opposites, and thus are less suitable for {-Ha'}.

Hm, interesting. tugh and DaH are both time adverbs. I regarded the use
of -Ha' here in the sense of "un-" which must not always mean the opposite.

qen - recently
qenHa' - not recently, which is a longer time ago

tugh - soon
tughHa' - not soon, which is later

But in general I agree that it is always contect related, and I agree
that there are several words which just do't make sense with -Ha'.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh