[Tlhingan-hol] London tlhIngan tlhogh tay wa'DIch?

ghunchu'wI' 'utlh qunchuy at alcaco.net
Mon Oct 22 18:41:36 PDT 2012

So I'm sure everyone has heard of "the UK's first Klingon wedding"
that took place recently at Destination Star Trek London. I've seen
many UK-nganpu' griping that this wasn't actually the first such
ceremony; it's just the first one that got media attention. But media
attention is never a bad thing, right?

Anyway, I recently found and watched a video about the event:

  http://news.softpedia.com/news/First-Klingon-Wedding-Takes-Place-in-the-UK-301045.shtml

baQa'! The organizers proudly proclaim that they got "two professional
Klingons" to look over everything and make sure they got it right. So
you'd expect the language to be at least reasonable, no?  As it turns
out...no.  It looks like they used an online tool that is well known
for producing nothing at all like grammatical Klingon. Accounting for
unpracticed pronunciation, "Do you take this woman to be your wife"
comes out as {ta' SoH tlhap vam be' Daq taH lIj be'nal}. wejpuH.

UTA delenda est.

-- ghunchu'wI'