[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: Doq 'ej wovbe'

Rohan Fenwick - QeS 'utlh qeslagh at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 15 08:21:02 PDT 2012

ghItlhpu' qurgh, jatlh:
> I guess I should just prevent the Word of the Day from using these phrases as
> it confuses the advanced speakers too much.

Confusion isn't what I'm experiencing. I'm just hoping it's also not what the beginning speakers are experiencing.

And before I go on any further I do want to say that I'm not trying to knock the KWOTD that you've set up - its lengthy absence was missed and I think it's fantastic that you've got another version up and running. Especially with Twitter, which is a perfect format for it and hopefully is getting out to bundles of people. I just had issues with this particular example (and with a more widespread tendency I've noticed for referring to multiple-word phrases as being a Klingon "word for X" - in fairness I wasn't intending to single this one post out for that and I'm sorry if it seemed I was picking on it).

QeS