[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: lolchu'taH

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Tue Oct 2 08:12:41 PDT 2012

HQ 11.2:  The attitude of a plane is its orientation relative to something, such as the {ghangwI'} "horizon". [...] Weirdly, although Maltz said he knew of no noun meaning "attitude", the noun {lol} may show up in {lolSeHcha} "attitude control thrusters". [...] The attitude of an aircraft is often talked about in terms of angles. The word for angle is {tajvaj}. Klingon {taH} means "be at a negative angle".

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons