[Tlhingan-hol] Trains

Gaerfindel gaerfindel at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 22 09:13:26 PST 2012

jIghItlhpu':
I'm trying to figure out how to render the word "train". I imagine some
version of {nom puH Duj vIH}--rapidly moving ground ship--might be in
order, but {puH Duj} is traditionally used to mean "car" among the KLI,
and besides doesn't really convey the appearance or function of a train.

ja' Felix:
For this particular word, though, we actually have a canon phrase:
Klingon, a train is pretty much a chain of buses.

jIjatlh:
Ah, EuroTalk vIghajbe'.

cha'Hu' ramDaq loDvaD qepHomvo' jIpawHa.  lupwI' mIr vItIjnIS.  'e'
vItIjmeH  lupwI'Hom vItIjnIS.  Do'Ha' Hutlogh Qoypu' 'ej lengbe' Hoch
lutwI'.  vaj qepHomvo' lupwI' mIrDaq jIyIt.  wa'maH Qoylogh wa' qelIqam
jIyIt 'ej lutwI' mIr vItIjpu'!

SKI: A long walk to the train late at night.

~quljIb