[Tlhingan-hol] Trains

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 08:10:13 PST 2012

loghaD:
> Sadly, because there's no verb meaning "be fast" (only an adverb meaning "quickly"), it's a bit difficult saying "thing that moves fast".

Marc Okrand answered this very question about how to say "a fast ship"
for the qepHom that just took place in Saarbrucken.  Here is what he
had to say:

Maltz was unaware of an adjective meaning "fast" (or "slow" for that
matter). He said in Klingon you wouldn't say that something is fast -
you'd say it moves fast. So instead of "You have a fast ship," you could
say {nom Ieng DujlIj} "Your ship travels fast" or {nom Ieng Duj
Daghajbogh} "The ship that you have travels fast." If "your fast ship"
is supposed to be the subject or object of a sentence, you say
something like {tlnqu' nom Iengbogh DujlIj} "Your ship that travels
fast is very big" (or, less literally, "Your fast ship is very big") or {nom
Iengbogh DujlIj vllegh} "I see your ship that travels fast" (or "I see
your fast ship").

Scan of his answer:
https://plus.google.com/110116202842822234244/posts/iBj9uB1p68X