[Tlhingan-hol] Trains

Felix Malmenbeck felixm at kth.se
Thu Nov 22 07:42:34 PST 2012

Sadly, because there's no verb meaning "be fast" (only an adverb meaning "quickly"), it's a bit difficult saying "thing that moves fast".
Also, I'm not sure «vIH» can be used as an adjective, though I'm not sure. If it were, though, I'd still advise against using it in this way: A train is a train even when it's not in motion. Also, if you've managed to convey that it's a means of conveyance, stating that it can move is a bit redundant.

For this particular word, though, we actually have a canon phrase: «lupwI' mIr», from EuroTalk (which also contained «puH Duj»).
So, to a Klingon, a train is pretty much a chain of buses.