[Tlhingan-hol] new word

Klingonteacher levinius at gmx.de
Sun Nov 18 13:41:55 PST 2012

Marc Okrand gave us one new word, which was revealed at the qepHom last
weekend:
------------
Maltz said that the primitive computer systems used by Terrans are very
different from the superior systems used by Klingons, but there is some
overlap.  He was going to give this more thought also, but he did say
that the closest thing to "World Wide Web" is {weQmoQnaQ}.
------------

I asked Marc Okrand - just to be sure - if this is the same as the
internet, or if we could even call that *'Internet*, and this was his
answer:

-----
I checked with Maltz.

He's fuzzy about Terran computer technology and computer terms, but he
said that {weQmoQnaQ} is not the same thing as the Internet.  He said,
if he understands correctly, you can do many more things with the
Internet than just dealing with the {weQmoQnaQ}.  But he stopped there,
so I'll have to bother him again to find out about these other things.

I also asked him about the word *'Internet*.  He said he thought that it
was pretty funny that Terrans use that word.  He laughed a little bit,
as if there were some sort of a joke.  But he didn't elaborate.  I guess
that's for another time.
-----

Does anyone see the pun? It took me some time, but I'm not a native
english speaker.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh