[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: qa'

jaSwa' DarksideTheMidnightShadow at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 10 23:34:55 PST 2012

I've always taken it to mean basically the same thing. Unless you want to define a ghost as specifically a spirit that manifests in the physical world (and in that case, it will still be a spirit). Klingons use *qa'* similarly to English *spirit*; both as in one's essence and as one's metaphysical consciousness. To me, that means *ghost* isn't much of a stretch for *qa'*.

jaSwa'

Hochlogh bechjaj Hoch jaghpu'wI'