[Tlhingan-hol] nuq bop bom: 'ay' wa'vatlh chorghmaH Soch: bIQ HeHmey rar ravHom

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Thu May 31 07:05:22 PDT 2012

Qov:
>>  muD DujwIjDaq SIrgh'a'mey Sar lutu'lu'.
>> Well, it's a thing pertaining to an aircraft, like a thread
>> or filament, but of a greater magnitude or significance. In
>> this case the English is "cable".

mu' pov 'oH.  *{SIrgh'a'} lururbogh latlh mu'mey'e':

tlhegh	rope (n)
mIr		chain (n)

[Suggestions for translating "(Other) Similar words include" welcome.  We have {rur} "resemble" but lack the quality "be similar".  We also have {nIb} "be identical" and {rap} "be the same" as well as the antonyms {pIm} "be different" & {Sar} "be varied/various".  Perhaps {'op mu'mey Sar} "some varied words"?]

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons