[Tlhingan-hol] "Never give up; never surrender"

lojmIt tI'wI' nuv lojmitti7wi7nuv at gmail.com
Mon May 28 12:25:42 PDT 2012

I certainly see this word order as correct, though I had not thought of it as exclusively correct. Perhaps I have missed something. I thought Okrand had been clear that certain things came before the direct object, but wasn't all that clear about a specific priority among things on the list of before-the-object items.

It was hard enough deciphering which dependent clauses could optionally follow the main clause and which ones strictly have to precede it (leading me to favor the safer option of always preceding). Adverbs, Type 5 suffixed nouns, type 9 suffixed verbs... There's a rule to sift out which comes first?

Please remind me. I'm getting senile.

I still wish we could use multiple adverbials.

Sent from my iPad