[Tlhingan-hol] po' (was: wa'maH cha' jatlhwI'pu' po'qu' chaH 'Iv'e'?)

De'vID jonpIn de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 00:05:56 PDT 2012

Voragh:
> I also have these Okrand inscriptions in my notes:
>
>  tlhIngan Hol po'
>  (MO's inscription in Mark Reed's TKD [?])
>
> This may have been an error for:
>
>  tlhIngan Hol jatlhwI' po'
>
> which is one of several inscriptions Okrand routinely uses.

At the Saarbrucken qepHom, MO told a story about how once, at some
convention, he signed someone's TKD, only to realise seconds later
that he'd miswritten something after the person had already gone away.
 Later, the same person came back and asked him about the meaning of
what he had written, since he couldn't figure it out.  MO apologised
and confessed that he'd made an error, and since he had a stack of
TKDs, offered to exchange it for a new one into which he'd write what
he had originally intended.  The person responded (and here, MO
widened his eyes, broke into a huge grin, and clutched his hands to
his chest, presumably in imitation of the person's reaction) "No way!"

So there's a TKD floating around out there somewhere with a
canonicalised error.  Maybe it's the same one, with {tlhIngan Hol po'}
where *{po'} = "skilled person", "one skilled in something".  He never
explained what the error was or what he intended to write when he told
the story, and nobody asked.