[Tlhingan-hol] {warjun} {tlher} je

De'vID jonpIn de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 15:23:43 PDT 2012

mu' qID 'oH {warjun}'e'.  HaSta jIH much loDnal be'nal je chaH {war} {jun}
je'e'.  'obmaQ rurbogh taj'e' 'oH qorDu' pongchaj'e'.

maj.  qID vIghovbej.  'ach 'Iv ghaH {tlher}'e'?

I have in my notes that {warjun} is a reference to two characters from a
certain television show (you can figure it out yourself).  I also have a
note under {tlher} that this is a reference that's somehow related.  I
presume that this is the name "Claire", but I know next to nothing about
the show, so I don't know who "Claire" might be.  Someone must have told me
that it was a pun at some point, but I neglected to make a clearer note at
the time.  Does anyone know the pun behind {tlher}?

p.s. In the sentence {A B je chaH C D je'e'}, did I put the {'e'} in the
right place?  Or should it have been {A B je chaH C'e' D'e' je}?

p.p.s. I like {mu' qID} "word joke" for "pun", though I suppose it really
should be {qID mu'} "joke word".   There's a kind of parallelism with
{mu'qaD}.