[Tlhingan-hol] juvmeH mu'

Felix Malmenbeck felixm at kth.se
Thu Mar 15 05:18:49 PDT 2012

Your measurements match those I got when I compared the metric and Klingon measurements on the Bird-of-Prey poster.

A kilogram is specifically a measure of mass, rather than force, so it should be mass if the gloss is to be taken literally. However, it is sometimes used colloquially in expressions like "On the moon, I'd only weigh about 15 kg!"

Page on cheb'a' at klingonska.org: http://klingonska.org/dict/?q=cheb%27a%27

A tlho'ren is roughly 1 quart or 1 liter, but exactly how much is uncertain.
http://klingonska.org/canon/1997-10-22-news.txt