[Tlhingan-hol] Gleanings from Monopoly: Klingon Edition (MKE)

lojmIt tI'wI'nuv lojmitti7wi7nuv at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 13:19:59 PDT 2012

Then again, there's the problem of the meaning of "battery" in English. People don't seem to realize that the term "battery" is a collective term meaning "one or more chemical-electrical cells", and the thing people think of as "a battery" is actually a cell. If your flashlight needs what most people call "two D batteries", it actually needs ONE battery, consisting of two D cells.

I have an original Honda Insight. It has a battery that consists of 144 D cells soldered together in a series of tubes that are wired together in an array. The array is the battery. There is only one array. There is only one battery. There are 144 cells in that battery. Almost every use of the word "batteries" is technically wrong.

So, if everybody uses a word the same wrong way in English, the general rule is that this uniform wrong use of the word is the new right way to use the word, right?

pItlh
lojmIt tI'wI'nuv