[Tlhingan-hol] sentences from Klingon Monopoly (was: Klingon Word of the Day: rop)

De'vID jonpIn de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 02:14:54 PST 2012

SPOILER WARNING: Contains sentences from Klingon Monopoly.

De'vID:
>> qarDaSQa'Daq ruDelya' rop'a' Hergh qengbogh yo' Dabot.
>> "Intercept Rudellian plague relief convoy to Cardassian Union."

Voragh:
> I've never seen this sentence before.  Is it from the Monopoly cards?  Would you share more of these (off-list if you prefer)?

I didn't type everything from Klingon Monopoly.  For example, some of
the sentences which have numbers appear with other values.  And I
skipped "obvious" sentences (no new vocabulary and no unusual
grammar), so the below is not complete.

{DIvI' le'mISvo' bInargh.}
"Escape Federation blockade."

{pIraqSIS HoS waw' ghajlu'chugh, loSlogh boq'egh mI' naghmey mI'; chen qav'ap.}
"If Praxis Energy Facility is owned, rent is 4 times amount shown on dice."

{DurIt tlhIngan yejquv.}
"Summoned to the Klingon High Council."

{chaw'vam yIpol 'ej SIbI'Ha' yIlo' pagh 'oH yImech.}
"This card may be kept until needed or traded."

{Qo'noS romuluS je boSuqlaH. vabDot tera' Qejbogh DIvI' ram boSuqlaH.}
"Kronos, Romulus and even the puny Federation's precious Earth, are
all up for grabs."

{wo' ngay' bochoqmeH bowIvlu'pu'!}
"You have been hosen to preserve the glory of the Empire!"

{wa' tlhIngan QaS vey}
"one pack of Klingon forces"

{Dumer DIvI' QaS 'ej DuHIv, vaj bIwunchoH 'ej bIrIQchoH.}
"Surprise attack by Federation leaves you unprotected and damaged."

{DuHIv jagh Dangu'laHbe'bogh, vaj bIwunchoH 'ej bIpujchoH.}
"Attack by unknown enemy leaves you vulnerable and weak."

{DIvI' rojmab qep ghanglu' 'e' nIDlu', 'ach taH qep.}
"Despite efforts to halt them, peace talks with Federation continue."

{Qang QanmeH yan 'ISletlh Damuv 'e' wIvlu'.}
"You are chosen to serve on the Yan-Isleth and protect the Chancellor."

{jorwI'mey ghaymo' qarDaSnganpu', Hegh SuvwI'pu'lI' law' 'ej rIQ
SuvwI'pu'lI' law'}
"Suffer major losses after Cardassian bombing campaign."

{tlhIngan 'IH qaD DaQap.} "Win Klingon beauty contest."

{mI' naghmey tIronmoH} "throw dice"

{jagh Duj DaQaw' 'ach pagh qama' Datlhapqa.}
"Destroy enemy vessel without retrieving prisoners."

{qeylIS 'etlh Datlhapqa' 'e' DaQapbe'.}
"Fail to retrieve the Sword of Kahless."

{cha'pujqutmey chIm lutamlu'.}
"Drained dilithium crystals are replaced."

{ngIq raQ - 150 QaS} "outposts cost 150 each"
{ngIq raQvaD cha'maH vagh QaS yInob.} "For each outpost pay 25 forces."
{ngIq gholvo' wa'maH QaS yItlhap.} "Collect 10 forces from every player."

{Quj wa'DIch MONOPOLY Huch nav qa' tlhIngan QaS}
"Klingon forces replace original MONOPOLY bills"

{bIghHa' yIjaH}
"Go to jail"

{"GO" DajuSDI' cha'vatlh QaS yItlhap}

{'echletHom Dopvam yIcha'}