[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: wel

Rohan Fenwick - QeS 'utlh qeslagh at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 29 19:44:55 PDT 2012

ghItlhpu' Voragh, jatlh:
> ghunchu'wI' discusses {wel} which was introduced in the opera {'u'}:

jang loghaD, jatlh:
> Actually, from what I understand, this wasn't from the paq'batlh
> session; I believe it was given as some sort of teaser for Klingon
> Monopoly (which I don't think we were aware of at the time, apart from
> MO and vavoy).

Not quite. :)

It surfaced at the Worldcon session on the last day of qep'a' last year,
during which a few people sat KLCP exams. Since I'd never been to qep'a'
before I'd never sat a KLCP exam, so I decided to go all out: I sat (and
passed) all three exams consecutively. An impromptu presentation took
place, but Lawrence had not anticipated that anyone would sit or pass
the gold-level exam that qep'a', so he hadn't brought any gold pins. So
after the bronze and silver pins, he said that as for the gold pin, he'd
have to owe me. Marc piped up from the back with {qawel}. Right away {mu'
chu'!} was the cry. That it would soon appear in canon wasn't mentioned
that I recall, but it may have been mentioned in passing to others.

QeS 'utlh