[Tlhingan-hol] Old fashioned radio

Felix Malmenbeck felixm at kth.se
Mon Jun 18 16:22:52 PDT 2012

> {Se' labwI'} "radio frequency transmitter" seems obvious to me.

The exact gloss for Se' in TKD is "frequency (radio) (n)". As such, it seems to be a general term for any frequency, not just the radio wave part of the spectrum.

Also, in Star Trek, "radio" could also refer to "subspace radio", which probably doesn't work anything like regular radio. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that rI'Se' ("hailing frequency") could never be tapped into using any form of transistor radio.

You may still be onto something, though. Consider this from the BoP poster:

{Qum patmey}
Communications Systems

  {'evnagh Se' HablI'}
  Sub Space Radio

Maybe you could use 'ul yu'egh Se' HablI'?

> I need to describe a regular old radio transmitter, in terms people will understand.

{Se' labwI'} "radio frequency transmitter" seems obvious to me.

-- ghunchu'wI'