[Tlhingan-hol] nuq bop bom: 'ay' cha'vatlh wej: toy'wI''a' QaQ

ghunchu'wI' 'utlh qunchuy at alcaco.net
Mon Jun 18 13:32:50 PDT 2012

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 3:35 PM, Qov <robyn at flyingstart.ca> wrote:
>> > ghum HaSta. jatlh Qa'bar, "Duj vISaqnISqa'.
>> > Sajolta'DI' nom vISaqta'. povbe' Daqvam." 'et ghoS.
>>
>> It took me much longer to understand this than it should have. I
>> wasn't expecting {Duj vISaqnISqa'} in the context of a ship that was
>> currently on the ground.
>
> I don't like {SaqHa'} for take off. Would you prefer {Duj vIpuvnISmoH 'ej
> SanISqa'}?  It seems kind of wordy.  What do you say if your car can't stay
> on the street past three pm and you have to put it somewhere else?  I'm
> looking for a "I have to repark the car," kind of thing.

I'd probably go for a simple "move it" or "change its location".
{Daqmaj vIchoHnIS} -- or should it be {vIchoHnISmoH}?

> I guess you were
> stuck on the "resume landing" meaning rather than the "land again."

No, I was stuck on the discrepancy between already having landed and
needing to land again. I failed to appreciate quickly the implied need
to take off first as part of the process of "relanding".

-- ghunchu'wI'