[Tlhingan-hol] Time and Type 7 verb suffixes

Qov robyn at flyingstart.ca
Sat Jun 16 21:11:19 PDT 2012

At 21:37 '?????' 6/16/2012, you wrote:
>On 6/16/2012 11:03 PM, Robyn Stewart wrote:
>>
>>>(If a child in school is a lousy speller, should another child
>>>who's also a lousy speller correct the first child's work, then
>>>insist that the class follow the first child's work as the correct
>>>way to spell?)
>>
>>Hey, Marc's not a lousy speller.
>
>He's also not a schoolchild. It was an illustrative analogy only.

I was following your analogy. I don't think he's a lousy Klingonist,
either. He suffers from not having the entire vocabulary at his
mental command, nor the practice at digging out the word that will
express an idea, but that's to our advantage because he creates new
words in that situation. And he sometimes slips on OVS--but that got
us toasting grammar, so it's another win.

>>>ben law' Do'Ha' maHvo' mejlaw'pu' DaQtIq.
>>
>>yIntaH, qar'a'?
>
>jISovbe'.

Sov'a' vay'?

>>nuvpu' law' vIleghqa' vIneH. jInajtaH. DISvam qep'a'Daq
>>qaleghqa''a'?
>
>ghobe'. tlhoy jIQatHa'ba' 'ej jIleng 'e' vIpar.

qep'a'Daq maghoHbe'. 'InternetDaq neH qaS. Do'Ha' lenglIj vIQaQmoHbe'.

- Qov