[Tlhingan-hol] KLBC: introduction

Philip Newton philip.newton at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 11:27:32 PDT 2012

On Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 6:46 PM, De'vID <de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com> wrote:

> ghIghwIjmo' *Switzerland* vIDabtaH.
> Because of my job, I live in Switzerland.  ({ghIgh} is a slang word for
> "assignment", "task", "duty")
>
> naDev Sepvam vIDabmo' DaH *Deutsch* Hol vIghojtaH.
> Because I live here in this country, I am learning German.
>
> *Deutsch* Hol Dajatlh'a'?
> Do you speak German?

Philip Newton jIH.
I am Philip Newton

(wej?) tlhIngan Hol pong vIghajbe'.
I do not have a Klingon name (yet?).

DoyIchlan vIDab.
I live in Germany.

vaj DoyIchlan Hol vIjatlhlaHbej.
So I can definitely speak German.

Holmey vIparHa'qu'.
I love languages.

Daj 'e' vItu'.
(I find that they are interesting =) I find them interesting.

Daj tlhIngan Hol je.
Klingon is also interesting.

vaj vIghojchoH.
So I started to learn it.

qaStaHvIS 'op DIS, vIHaDbe'.
For several years, I did not study it.

'ach DaH vIHaDqa'.
But now I am studying it again / now I have resumed studying it / now
I am continuing my study of it.

qepHom vIjeS 'e' vIHech.
I intend to participate at the qepHom (the yearly Klingon meeting in Germany).

qepHom DajeSchugh SoH je, maqIHchuqlaH.
If you will also participate at the qepHom, we can meet one another.

'amerIqa' SepjIjQa'vo' qepHom yIghoS.
Come to the qepHom from the United States of America.

qa'naDa'vo' qepHom yIghoS je.
Come to the qepHom from Canada, too.

repIH :)
We are expecting you :)