[Tlhingan-hol] muD Duj SIrgh'a'

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Tue Jun 5 13:57:48 PDT 2012

Qov:
>>> ghurmoH telmeylIj, pagh bIngDaq loQ tornISlu'.

ghunchu'wI':
>> pagh "flaps" lISnISlu'.

Qov:
> "flaps" Hutlh J-wej 'e' vIHar. Duj napqu' 'oH.

Qov, I'm not a pilot but would the {tel vID'Irmey} "wing baffles" shown in the BoP Poster work for the "flaps" on an airplane?  If you don't have the poster - anyone know if there's a good image of it online? - ghunchu'wI' once described them:

  "They're specifically the multiple interleaved 'plates' at the
   hinged area which slide past one another as the wing changes
   orientation between attack, cruise, and landing configuration."

Also on the poster is something called the {tel SeHwI' jo'} "wing control mechanism".  And some more wing-related canon while we're on the subject:

  telDaq wovmoHwI'mey
  wing lights KBoP

  nISwI' talmey: cha' (telDaq lujomlu')
  Disruptor Cannon - 2 (Wing Mounted) KBoP

  nISwI': cha' chang'engmey (telDaq lujomlu', nItebHa' lubaHlu')
  Disruptor - 2 Pairs (Wing Mounted, Fire Linked) KBoP

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons