[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon WOTD: DIvI' (noun)

Felix Malmenbeck felixm at kth.se
Sat Jun 2 12:13:25 PDT 2012

> Are these all from TKD?

Not quite.

> {DIvI' 'ejDo'} "USS" (registry prefix; lit. "Federation starship")

Does not appear in TKD (though both DIvI' and 'ejDo' do, separately).
However, on Skybox card 15, {DIvI' 'ejDo' 'entepray'} is translated as "U.S.S. Enterprise".
http://klingonska.org/canon/search/?file=1995-sbx-s15.txt&get=source

> {DIvI' Hol}  "Federation Standard"

Not used in TKD. I believe the only canonical use is in CK:

{DIvI' Hol Dajatlh'a'.} = Do you speak Federation Standard?
http://klingonska.org/canon/search/?file=1992-10-01-ck.txt&get=source

> {DIvI'may'Duj}  "Federation battle cruiser"

TKD 3.3.6, as well as both the Klingon-English and English-Klingon sections.

> {yuQjIjDIvI'} = {yuQjIjQa'}  "United Federation of Planets"

TKD, English-Klingon section.
The Klingon-English section uses yuQjIjQa'.

>>This is the Klingon Word Of The Day for Monday, November 19, 2007.
>>
>>Klingon word:   DIvI'
>>Part of Speech: noun
>>Definition:     federation, organization
>
> Related nouns:
>
> {DIvI' 'ejDo'} "USS" (registry prefix; lit. "Federation starship")
>
> {DIvI' Hol}  "Federation Standard"
>
> {DIvI'may'Duj}  "Federation battle cruiser"
>
> {yuQjIjDIvI'} = {yuQjIjQa'}  "United Federation of Planets"

Are these all from TKD?
My notes seem to be spotty in this section.

Thanks,

~'anan naHQun

--
~Michael Roney, Jr.