[Tlhingan-hol] lut chu' laDqanglu''a'?

Rohan Fenwick - QeS 'utlh qeslagh at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 25 17:53:02 PDT 2012

So nuq bop bom will soon be over and done - the longest original Klingon story ever told.

There'll be a helluva storytelling vacuum afterwards. Now, I'm no great shakes at original fiction. Translation is fun, though, and I've been looking for a jInmol'a' for a while. A couple of months ago I decided on one: it's a medieval Georgian epic called "The Man in the Panther Skin". War, hunting, chivalry, battle, honour, mystery, kidnapping, romance, evil spirits... something for everyone, and definitely a story with Klingon appeal. I'm not translating it into poetry, though - just into a prose narrative. (For various reasons, the Georgian poem's structure can't be replicated in Klingon.)

So when nuq bop bom draws to a close, would people be interested in reading a serialised version of {mIl'oD veDDIr SuvwI'} "The Warrior of the Sabre Bear Pelt"? Perhaps beginning after qep'a'? I'll be translating it anyway, but if people would read another long serial then I'll be happy to supply one.

QeS