[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: rIQ

Gaerfindel gaerfindel at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 30 16:22:41 PST 2012

ghItlh Felix. jatlh:

    Could one say <jIrIQlI'> if one is convinced the injury will pass,
    or would that imply that the injury was intentionally inflicted
    ("I'm tempering my body to become a strlnger warrior." / "Terran
    bachelor parties are all about pranks and strippers. On Qo'noS,
    Kal'hyah wIpawmeH marIQlI'.)"

ghItlh bI'reng. jang:

    To me, it sounds something has started to hurt you but hasn't
    finished yet. Like if someone stabbed you, and you could feel the
    point of the blade cut into you, but at that moment you know your
    attacker is still pushing the blade deeper. Or if someone were
    breaking your arm, and you could feel the bone fracture, but it
    hasn't yet snapped. That's what I'd think if I heard you say <jIrIQlI'>.

jIjang:

    bellu' bIjlu'lI'ghach. }}:D   ~quljIb