[Tlhingan-hol] qIHpu'ghach wa'DIch: 'ay' cha'

Rohan Fenwick - QeS 'utlh qeslagh at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 28 04:47:09 PST 2012

More of First Contact. Again, comments and critique are much appreciated.

PICARD: Data, 'ejyo' Se' 1486 QoymoH. [1]
DATA: lu', qaH.
FLEET COMMUNICATIONS: ...Endeavour. Quv 'at-wa'maH vaghDaq SuvchoHmeH ghuH... may' yaHraj!... Defiant Bozeman je. HeD. vIHmeH DaqDaq lolmoH... luq... HaSta chuqDaq nargh. Borg ngogh'a' [2], He pagh DoD cha' wa' vagh. Do, pIvlob Hut vI' -
BORG COMMUNICATIONS: Borg maH. botjanraj tIchu'Ha' 'ej Dujraj tIjegh. yInmajvaD chammajvaD je yInraj chamraj je potlhmey lI' DIchel. nutoy'meH nughraj choHlu'. 'omlaH pagh.
FLEET COMMUNICATIONS: Hoch nawlogh, baH... botjan choHqa'!... HubmeH veH veghta'!... He ghoSqa'!... ...cha' wa' DoD loS... ...'ejyo' ra'ghomquv. 'ut ngaq!... ...nIj Som!... ropyaH, ja'!... LexingtonDaq Hegh HutmaH jav, rIQ cha'maH cha'...
PICARD: Hawk Sogh. tera' He cher.
HAWK: luq, qaH.
PICARD: 'aqroS pIvlob. chIch ra'wI'ma' vIpabHa' [3] 'e' vIHech. Subepchugh, DaH pebep. QonoSwIjDaq Hoch beppu'ghach [4] vIqon.
DATA: HoD, naDev Hoch nuvpu'vaD jIjatlh 'e' vIHar, jIjatlhDI': ghe''orDaq luSpet 'oH ra'pu'ghachmaj Daq'e'.
PICARD: ghuH'a'. may' yaHmey jaH. chu'.

------

[1] I've begun to use Clipped Klingon here since there's a lot of barked orders coming up. If anything's confusing let me know.
[2] Opinions on {ngogh'a'}?
[3] I don't think I've ever had occasion to use {chIch} before. A first time for everything.
[4] Another {-ghach}, I know, but I thought {Hoch bepwI' vIqon} would imply that Picard was paying more attention to who was complaining than to the content of the complaints.

PICARD: Data, put Starfleet frequency one four eight six on audio.
DATA: Aye sir.
FLEET COMMUNICATIONS: Flagship to Endeavor. Standby to engage at grid A-fifteen... Battle stations!... ...Defiant and Bozeman, fall back to mobile position one. ...Acknowledged. ...We have it in visual range. A Borg cube on course zero point two one five, speed warp nine point -
BORG COMMUNICATIONS: We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
FLEET COMMUNICATIONS: All units open fire... Remodulate shields!... They've broken through the defence perimeter... Resume course!... two one mark four... ...to Starfleet Command. We need reinforcements!... Hull breach!... Sickbay, report!... Ninety-six dead and twenty-two wounded on the Lexington...
PICARD: Lieutenant Hawk. Set a course for Earth.
HAWK: Aye sir.
PICARD: Maximum warp. I am about to commit a direct violation of our orders. Any of you who wish to object should do so now. It will be noted in my log.
DATA: Captain, I believe I speak for everyone here, sir, when I say ...to hell with our orders.
PICARD: Red alert! All hands to battle stations. Engage.

QeS 'utlh