[Tlhingan-hol] qIHpu'ghach wa'DIch - 'ay' wa'

Robyn Stewart robyn at flyingstart.ca
Wed Jan 25 15:11:16 PST 2012

This!

>If you use {-ghach} in a translation, you should automatically look
>for a simpler way to translate.

         - SuStel

If this mailing list had a FAQ, that should be in it.

I too didn't like the offered translation, but I knew that it was
going to take some time and cunning to come up with something that
had the right flavour, and I didn't want to just shoot down the
suggestion without having a replacement. Resistance is Futile is
iconic. I think it should be as simple as possible, and not imply the
number of those being addressed. (No Su-/bI-).

nu'omlaH pagh

or even just

'omlaH pagh

- Qov