[Tlhingan-hol] qo''e' tu'bogh pagh - 'ay' wej

Lieven Litaer lieven.litaer at web.de
Fri Jan 20 05:33:24 PST 2012

>  > So though all these have {'oH} rather than {ghaH}, I still have no
> problem with just {nuqDaq ghaH Spock'e'}.

Thanks for these examples. It might really be an exception, or unwritten
rule.

> What's the rule here?  When is {-taH} needed?

TKD, Chapter 6.3 "To be":

There is no verb corresponding to "to be" in the sense of "to be at a
place". Again, the pronouns are used, followed, where appropriate, by
verbal suffixes.

pa'wIjDaq jIHtaH.

pa'DajDaq ghaHtaH la''e'.

Perhaps the point is the phrase "where appropriate". This might mean,
that you do not *need* the suffix -taH. You can probably also be -lI' at
a place instead of -taH.

Lieven.