[Tlhingan-hol] qo''e' tu'bogh pagh - 'ay' wej

Felix Malmenbeck felixm at kth.se
Sun Jan 15 11:31:17 PST 2012

With regards to potlhqu'nIS qepvam:

Indeed, TKD states that -nIS expresses a need of the subject, so it's a bit odd to use it of a meeting. Of course, I suppose one could say that if the meeting is not important it won't go well for some reason, and therefore it "needs" to be important, but it's still a stretch. I'd suggest {potlh qepvam net poQ} or {potlh qepvam 'e' vIpoQ}.

That being said, I'd recommend something like {potlhqu'be'chugh qepvam jIbergh} ("if this meeting isn't really important, I'm irritated*").

*bergh is normally translated as "be irritable", but I've seen berghmoH be used to mean "irritate", so I figured this should work. Otherwise, something with yIv or nuQ, or perhaps QeH.