[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon architecture

De'vID jonpIn de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 14:56:56 PST 2012

De'vID:
>>> chaq {qatlhDa' tlhegh Hum}, {qatlhDa' HumwI'} ghap vIlo'laH.

Quvar:
>> I don't get that. What do you think is a {qatlhDa'}?

De'vID:
> qa'naDa'ngan SoHbe'mo' ghaytanHa' {*DoqSuD much} Daleghpu'.  {*DoqSuD
much} Daleghchugh, Hoch tI' {qatlhDa' HumwI'} 'e' DaSovbej.

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Red_Green_Show

In case it's too much of a Canadianism/Americanism to make sense, I was
going for "duct/duck tape".  There's a Canadian proverb, "Duct tape fixes
everything", made popular by a TV show called "The Red Green Show" where
the title character... uses duct tape to fix everything.

As {ghunchu'wI'} pointed out, {qatlhDa'} is a pun on "Why a Duck" (duct,
i.e., "water pipe").