[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon subtitles for Star Trek episodes/movies?

ghunchu'wI' 'utlh qunchuy at alcaco.net
Sun Jan 8 10:28:58 PST 2012

On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 1:13 PM, De'vID jonpIn <de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com> wrote:
> How did I not know that this existed?!
> http://store.startrek.com/products/30707-klingons-blood-will-tell
> https://shop.idwpublishing.com/comics/series/star-trek/klingons/star-trek-klingons-blood-will-tell-klingon-language-variant.html
>
> Anyone read the Klingon version?

Some of us WROTE the Klingon version.

> Both KLI and MO are credited, is
> there any new canon or interesting/new use of known words?

A primary goal of the Klingon language version was to be as
conservative as possible. That way the largest potential audience
would be able to understand it. There is one interesting coinage: the
smooth-headed Klingons are called {QuchHa'}. Credit for that one
should go to Dr. Schoen. It's not exactly canon, but I think it got
used later in a novel.

-- ghunchu'wI'