[Tlhingan-hol] yIntaH wIch

Robyn Stewart robyn at flyingstart.ca
Wed Jan 4 10:22:20 PST 2012

They were asked to indicate languages in which they could read a
newspaper, write a personal letter and carry on a conversation.
Considering that "alkjrghlaerf cafeteria" would not be too hard to
figure out as "come to the cafeteria" and "we're having a party on
Saturday" would generally be interpreted as "you're invited to the
party on Saturday," fun as it is to use a language that way, it
doesn't  exactly communicate.

It's possible that four grade eleven boys carried out some
communication in Klingon. It's also likely that four grade eleven
boys who sat near one another laughed at the Klingon language
offering together and conspired to select it.

I too had a Klingon-language buddy who could "Chinese room" simple
phrases like {megh vIneH}. Perhaps the KLI should fund a project to
seek out and evaluate every so-called Klingon speaker who hits the media. :-)