[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: wIlpuq

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Fri Dec 14 07:19:51 PST 2012

> Klingon Word of the Day for Friday, December 14, 2012
>
> Klingon word:   wIlpuq
> Part of speech: noun
> Definition:     pudding
> Source: Marc Okrand to Lawrence M. Schoen at qep'a' 2008

AFAIK never used in a sentence.

ghunchu'wI' who was at qe'a' 2008 wrote (7/29/2008):

  Dr. Okrand also offhandedly volunteered that it was
  "kind of like butterscotch", using a half-shrug and
  a hand gesture that I associate with uncertainty.
  But I don't believe there would be anything wrong
  with referring to Terran chocolate pudding as
  {yuch wIlpuq}.

PUN:
"will puke" <g>

Related words:

nIm 		milk (n)
'ep 		consume soup (v)

KGT 99f.:  If the particular dish is somewhat soupy (a dish of this kind is termed a {chatlh}, roughly translated as soup, though the amount of liquid is far less than what the Federation Standard term soup would suggest) ... Since this sort of dish is still primarily solid food as opposed to liquid, using the verb {tlhutlh} (drink) to describe ingesting it is not quite right. There is another verb, {'ep}, which refers to eating food of this kind."

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons