[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: HI'tuy

jaSwa' DarksideTheMidnightShadow at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 13 01:51:47 PST 2012

That seems fair. I was just pointing out that "dictator" wasn't inherently negative and I felt that augmenting a noun wouldn't change its connotation or add one that wasn't there. You make good points. Besides, Klingon is full of enough exceptions and odd things to fill its own book (but then again, so are most langauges in general), and augmenting "dictator" into "tyrant" isn't much of a stretch, anyway due to the way they tend to be used as synonyms nowadays (as I can count the amount of dictators that weren't tyrants one hand because "absolute power corrupts absolutely"). Besides, one person's tyrant is another's hero. Just people about Abe Lincoln.

jaSwa'

Hochlogh bechjaj Hoch jaghpu'wI'