[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: nuD

jaSwa' DarksideTheMidnightShadow at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 12 12:44:21 PST 2012

If you were reviewing a cartoon or something that featured talking animals as main characters, would you refer to the turtle family as la'SIvpu' or la'SIvmey?

Generally, when referring to beings in fantasy which have the ability to speak, I use -pu'. For example, my translation of "Dungeons & Dragons" comes out as bIghHa'mey lungpu' je (although I might want to consider using lung'a'pu' to further distinguish dragons from kobolds and troglodytes).

jaSwa'

Hochlogh bechjaj Hoch jaghpu'wI'