[Tlhingan-hol] DuSaQ

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 09:01:14 PST 2012

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 4:39 PM, Gaerfindel <gaerfindel at hotmail.com> wrote:

> jIghItlhpu':
>
>    qaStaHvIS po DuSaQDaq leng puqloDjI' puqbe'jI' je.
>   'oHDaq lengmeH lupwI' Sov 'ej wov lutIJ. qaStaHvIS pov lupwI' rapDaq
> chegh.
>
> jang De'vID:
>
>    QaghHommeyHeylIjmo' nIlughmoHta' latlhpu'. vay' ramqu' vIchel neH:
>    {pa'} qaq law' {'oHDaq} qaq puS.

"Others have corrected you for your apparent minor errors." (btw
{QaghHommeyHeylIjmo'} is straight out of TKD, p.29 :-) )

"I add only something insignificant [i.e., the following is only a
nitpick]: {pa'} is preferable to {'oHDaq}."

> jIjang:
>   {vay' ramqu' vIchel neH.}  <= vISovbe'qu'.

Recall this sentence:
{naDev qaS wanI' ramqu'} "There's nothing happening here" (Star Trek III,
TKD p.171)

Note that the Klingon in this sentence literally says, "A very
insignificant event ({wanI' ramqu'}) is happening here."

Turning back to what I wrote:
{vay' ramqu'} "something very insignificant"
{vIchel neH} "I merely add [it]"
{vay' ramqu' vIchel neH}, i.e., "I have very little to add [to what others
have already said, except the following...]"