[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: DIvI'may'Duj

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Tue Dec 11 07:14:58 PST 2012

> Klingon Word of the Day for Tuesday, December 11, 2012
>
> Klingon word:   DIvI'may'Duj
> Part of speech: noun
> Definition:     Federation battle cruiser

As used in canon:

  DIvI'may'DujmeyDaq
  at/to the Federation battle cruisers (TKD)

Cf. {may'Duj}	"battle cruiser" (is this the same thing as an "attack cruiser" in Trek?):

qo'mey Sar charghtaHvIS chaH Dat tlhIngan may'Duj luleghDI' neH qIb nganpu' buQpu' may'Duj 'ej ghIjpu' 'oH. nIteb ghIjpu' je Deghvam
this symbol grew to become as feared throughout the galaxy as the menacing profiles of their battlecruisers. (SP1)

tlhIngan may'Duj, qItI'nga'
Klingon Battle Cruiser, K'Tinga Class (S15)

qIvo'rIt may'Duj mach
smaller version of a K'vort class cruiser (BoP Poster)

lupDujHomDaq may'Duj vIchegh
I return to the battle cruiser on the shuttle (st.k 7/99)

KGT 50:  The word {mang} is used when the warrior under discussion is described in terms of his membership in a fighting unit (for example, as a crew member on an attack cruiser).

The IKC Bortas was a Vor'cha-class attack cruiser. (TNG "The Defector", "Redemption I")

Related nouns:

qughDuj 	cruiser

--
Voragh