[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: tuy'

Felix Malmenbeck felixm at kth.se
Tue Dec 4 11:16:26 PST 2012

Also in Swedish: "Tvi, tvi, tvi!"
The Yiddish connection seems likely, though; there are  few Judaism references in Klingon (bI'reS, ta naQ (possibly accidental; Marc didn't seem to remember putting that in there, 'elI'jaH…).

That being said, it might also be a simple omnomerblurblur*, with no cultural reference t all. Consider also «HI'tuy» (dictatorship), which sounds like somebody spitting a loogie.

*This is an onomatopoeia for how the sound I make when I try to say onomatopoeia.