[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: ret

Felix Malmenbeck felixm at kth.se
Sat Dec 1 19:06:31 PST 2012

> netlh DIS law' ret tIQbe' yuQvam'e' tIQ

This sentence is mostly good; you just need to move the -'e' to the end of tIQ (when you add a type-5 noun suffix to a noun+"adjective" construct, it goes after the "adjective").

Also, I'd recommend moving the {law'} to between {netlh} and {DIS}, so it's "many tens of thousands of years", rather than "ten of thousands of many years".

> Sornganpu' HuDnganpu' lung'a'pu' loDHompu' je toq.

{toq} means "be inhabited", so this means something like "inhabited tree-dwellers, mountain-dwellers, dragons and boys."

I recommend instead switching to {[lu]tu'lu'} ("there is"/"there are"), or possibly the verb {Dab} ({luDab X Y Z je.}).

> This isn't a perfect word-for-word rendering, but points to the list
> member who recognizes the original quote and where it's from.

QemjIq DabwI'?