[Tlhingan-hol] -Ha' on adverbs

Felix Malmenbeck felixm at kth.se
Thu Aug 30 08:53:31 PDT 2012

Dajqu'!

For those interested, here you can read about the rejection of vajHa':
http://klingonska.org/canon/search/?file=1995-12-holqed-04-4.txt&get=source

[Technically, it seems to me it's not so much a clear statement that it's wrong but more that Maltz wouldn't use.]

Some speculative constructss:

*loQHa' = "lots"
 - *loQHa' qaparHa'. = "I like you a lot."
*tlhoyHa' = "not enough"
 - *tlhoyHa' choparHa'. = "You don't like me enough."
*pay'Ha' = "gradually, bit by bit"
 - *pay'Ha' jIropHa'choHlI'. = "I'm recovering, bit by bit."
*qenHa' = "long ago"
 - *qenHa' qIb Hopqu'Daq... = "A long time ago, in a very distant galaxy..."
*wejHa' = "already"
 - *wejHa' ta'lI'. = "He/she is already working on it."
*tagha'Ha' = "already (sooner than expected)"
 - *tagha'Ha' rIntaH'a' qep'a'? = "Is qep'a' over already?"