[Tlhingan-hol] bIQuj'a'

Lawrence M. Schoen klingonguy at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 13:31:09 PDT 2012

I have an idea for a game for the upcoming qep'a',
but I don't have the time to prepare it by myself.
But I really want to play. But I don't have time.

YOU MUST HELP!

Here's what you need to do:

1) Think of a famous line from a famous movie.
2) Translate both the line and the movie title in Klingon.
3) Email your entry (with both English and Klingon) to me at:
klingonguy at gmail.com and put FAMOUS in the subject line.

Rules:
1) No proper nouns
2) More rules as I discover the need for them

Example:

vavwI' DaHoHta'. yIHeghrup.
naybogh ta' puqbe'.

You killed my father. Prepare to die.
The Princess Bride

Is it perfect? Probably not. Will it get the job done
and lead to much fun? Oh, my yes!

How will we play?

I suspect a grammarian will draw these lines and titles
out of a hat. The line will be read aloud (in Klingon), and
teams will work to figure out the movie title and render it
in Klingon. The first team with a correct answer wins a point!

You can send in entries whether you're coming to the qep'a'
or not, but you should start doing so RIGHT NOW!

Lawrence
--
author / publisher / psychologist / klingonist
http://www.lawrencemschoen.com