[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: waq

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Aug 20 06:51:02 PDT 2012

> Klingon word:   waq
> Part of speech: noun
> Definition:     shoe

As used in canon:

nuqDaq waqwIj vIlamHa'choHmoH
Where can I get my shoes cleaned? TKD

"certain positions in Klingon classical ballet (never performed with shoes or boots)..." [HQ 10.2:10]

"There is a joke, Maltz recalled, about someone trying to lick some food off of a stirring stick while wearing shoes. Maltz laughed, but didn't tell the joke." [HQ 10.2:11]

"This is ridiculous! I'm surrounded by corpses, my shoes are dripping in blood-and you want me to feel romantic?"  [Quark to Grilka, DS9 "Looking for par'Mach in All the Wrong Places"]

Related nouns:
DaS 		boot
paSlogh 	socks

--