[Tlhingan-hol] Check your character encoding

David Trimboli david at trimboli.name
Thu Aug 9 08:19:48 PDT 2012

I have finally figured out why my messages to the list weren't being
archived. The mailing list can only archive messages in the "Western"
(ISO 8859-1) range (including ASCII). I had set my mail client to UTF-8
because this is the 21st century, but it seems the list software doesn't
care about things like international character sets.

So make sure when you send a message to the list that you're sending in
ISO 8859-1, also known as "Western" encoding. And don't try to include
any high-range Unicode characters. While such messages may get to the
other list members, they won't be archived.

http://www.trimboli.name/