[Tlhingan-hol] Bad Klingon in Trek novels (and the like)

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 02:06:57 PDT 2012

Quvar:
> I do not know Joel Anderson in person and do not want to insult him, but I
> hate him for publishing this crap. It's making fun of the effort all
> klingonists on the world have done during the past thirty years. It's also
> his "effort" creating other bad translations with his mr.klingon website, by
> the way.
>
> Sorry to be so harsh on him, but just check it out yourself.

I believe Joel Anderson is on the mailing list (or was, at some time
in the past).

To be fair to him about the Mr. Klingon translator web site, there is
a big warning at the top that it's not a translator:
http://mrklingo.freeshell.org/aol/jpklingon/uta/theory.html#wrong

But OTOH actually publishing a Kindle version of the Psalms in
pseudo-Klingon has done a lot of harm to the Klingonist community by
perpetuating the idea that a word-by-word substitution counts as a
"translation".